Search This Blog

Etsy Shop

>

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wednesday Whimsy

From the whimsical side of Etsy, I present, as promised MissChevious - and her "pretty shiny things"...  In college my dorm room sported a bumper sticker proclaiming that I was "easily distracted by pretty shiny things" so I was obviously predisposed to like this shop --- And that was more than confirmed ---

A particular favorite is the Song Bird Antiqued Brass and Red Glass Layered Necklace --> and at only $17, its a major bargain - I love 'statement' pieces - accessories that take a simple black top and make people stop, stare, and say "wow, you look nice today" - the downside though, is that these are memorable pieces - not to be worn every day.  Consequently, I always feel guilty spending a lot on something that I only wear a couple times a month  --- At $17, this is a guilt free indulgence! 




<--- I have been on a Mezuzah hunt for my new house - For the uninitated, a Mezuzah is affixed to doorposts of Jewish homes to fulfill the mitzvah of having the words of the Shema (a daily prayer, "Hear O Israel, The Lord Our God, The Lord Is One) affixed to the doorpost --- This actually dates from the time Moses and the 10th plague... you can read more here if you're interested.  In any event, Mezuzahs over the past several centuries have become more than just a small box holidng a scroll attached to a doorway... There are a lot of beautiful ones out there!  Right now I'm putting this one, by Artazia on my wish list ;-)  (For those interested, my birthday is in March - yay!)

Hope everyone is staying warm --- It's brrr cold here, and windy to boot!  I'm going back to knitting, and attempting to unravel the mysteries of Search Engine Optimization!  Leave a comment if you have any advice on that, want to be featured here, or anything else...  And please chck out my Etsy shop at the link at the top of the page or here: http://www.funkyandelegant.etsy.com/ and my website http://www.procalligraphy.com/ -  Critiques on either welcome!

1 comment:

Leave a note if you have a suggestion/comment/etc. OR if you want to be featured in this blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails